What is a Radiologist
A diagnostic radiologist is a medical doctor who studies the images of the human body. An interventional radiologist also performs minimally invasive procedures.
Our radiologists are highly qualified consultants and liaisons between you and your doctor. As specialists, they play a vital role in your health care.
Our radiologists are certified by the American Board of Radiology and have completed an education program that consists of the following:
(1) Four-year pre-med degree from a college or university
(2) Four year degree from a medical school
(3) One-year internship in medicine
(4) Four-year residency in radiology
(5) Optional one or two year fellowship in sub-specialty area
“The Radiologist’s Story” (courtesy of ACR)